On September 26, 2019, Bonhams Held its Yearly New York auction. The end result was that their top selling lot was a 2.17 carat, Fancy Intense Blue Diamond with a VVS2 clarity. It was an Emerald shape, and was estimated to be sold between $800k to $1.2 million or $369k to $553k per carat. It was sold in a ring by Van Cleef & Arpels. It ended up selling for $2,540,075 total or $1,170,541 per carat. This is not a new record for the 1-3 carat sub-group in the Fancy Intense Blue Diamond category, but this is a very strong price. The highest per carat in this sub-category goes to the 2.02 carat, Fancy Intense Blue Diamond sold on November 15, 2018 by Sotheby’s in Geneva.
The other attractive Fancy Color Diamond sold was the 2.42 carat, Fancy Deep Pink diamond with an SI1 clarity. It was sold for $250,075 total or $103,337 per carat.
Looking forward to reporting on future auction results
- Magnificent Jewels Auctions In New York Successfully Seals 2020 Despite Virus Challenge
- Sotheby’s Magnificent Jewels In New York Is Set To Be The Best This Year For Fancy Color Diamonds
- Christie’s Hong Kong Magnificent Jewels Broke A Record Despite Coronavirus But Disappoints With Their Transparency Policy!
- Christie’s Hong Kong Magnificent Jewels To Showcase Rare Pink And Blue Diamonds
- Sotheby’s Magnificent Jewels In Hong Kong Yields Strong Results During Pandemic Despite Many Fancy Color Diamonds Not Selling