On September 26, 2019, Bonhams Held its Yearly New York auction. The end result was that their top selling lot was a 2.17 carat, Fancy Intense Blue Diamond with a VVS2 clarity. It was an Emerald shape, and was estimated to be sold between $800k to $1.2 million or $369k to $553k per carat. It was sold in a ring by Van Cleef & Arpels. It ended up selling for $2,540,075 total or $1,170,541 per carat. This is not a new record for the 1-3 carat sub-group in the Fancy Intense Blue Diamond category, but this is a very strong price. The highest per carat in this sub-category goes to the 2.02 carat, Fancy Intense Blue Diamond sold on November 15, 2018 by Sotheby’s in Geneva.
The other attractive Fancy Color Diamond sold was the 2.42 carat, Fancy Deep Pink diamond with an SI1 clarity. It was sold for $250,075 total or $103,337 per carat.
Looking forward to reporting on future auction results
- Sotheby’s Will Try To Reignite The Love For Fancy Color Diamonds With A Unique Pair Of Hearts At The Upcoming Hong Kong Auction
- Sotheby’s Geneva Magnificent Jewels Was A Real Disaster! Or Was It Not?
- Christie’s Hong Kong Magnificent Jewels Will Offer The Largest Internally Flawless, Fancy Intense Blue Diamond Ever, At Auction
- Sotheby’s Geneva Magnificent Jewels Auction Will Be A Test Of Strength For Fancy Color Diamonds And Offering The Largest Fancy Color Diamond Of Its Kind At Auction
- Phillips Last Auction of The Year In New York Closes A Year For Blue Diamonds