Christie’s Hong Kong Auction Sells Another Exceptional Moussaieff Blue Diamond
At the end of this auction event, sales figures ended up at HKD 396,463,750
The top lot for Fancy Color Diamonds was again an exceptional Moussaieff Blue diamond. it was a 3.24 carat, Fancy Vivid Blue Diamond, Internally Flawless surrounded by pink diamonds. It was estimated to sell between $5.7 million to $7.5 million and ended up selling for $6.88 million or $2.12 million per carat.
The second highest Fancy Color Diamond sold was a 2.76 carat, Fancy Intense Purple-Pink diamond with a VVS1 clarity. It was valued between $1.2 million and $1.9 million and ended up selling for $1.23 million or $446k per carat. This diamond was offered for sale at a Sotheby’s auction in New York on December 4, 2018 and failed to sell. It was then valued at $1.3 million to $1.6 million.
- Sotheby’s Geneva November Sale Lowest In 10 Years!
- Sotheby’s New York Misses Its Mark With Unsold Fancy Vivid Blue Diamond
- Sotheby’s Will Prove That A Blue Diamond Is A Great Investment In New York Auction
- Stunning Turn Of Events At The Geneva May Auctions By Sotheby’s And Christie’s
- Will The Moussaieff Fancy Vivid Blue Diamond Break It’s Own World Record?