At the end of this auction event, sales figures ended up at HKD 396,463,750
The top lot for Fancy Color Diamonds was again an exceptional Moussaieff Blue diamond. it was a 3.24 carat, Fancy Vivid Blue Diamond, Internally Flawless surrounded by pink diamonds. It was estimated to sell between $5.7 million to $7.5 million and ended up selling for $6.88 million or $2.12 million per carat.
The second highest Fancy Color Diamond sold was a 2.76 carat, Fancy Intense Purple-Pink diamond with a VVS1 clarity. It was valued between $1.2 million and $1.9 million and ended up selling for $1.23 million or $446k per carat. This diamond was offered for sale at a Sotheby’s auction in New York on December 4, 2018 and failed to sell. It was then valued at $1.3 million to $1.6 million.
- Sotheby’s Geneva November Sale Lowest In 10 Years!
- Sotheby’s New York Misses Its Mark With Unsold Fancy Vivid Blue Diamond
- Sotheby’s Will Prove That A Blue Diamond Is A Great Investment In New York Auction
- Stunning Turn Of Events At The Geneva May Auctions By Sotheby’s And Christie’s
- Will The Moussaieff Fancy Vivid Blue Diamond Break It’s Own World Record?