Christie’s New York Magnificent Jewels Auction In December Sells Blue Diamonds
The auction house sold a total of $67,519,625. The auction house offered 450 items for sale, and ended up selling three blue diamonds.
The 1.58 carat, Fancy Blue, round diamond with a VS2 clarity was estimated to be sold between $200k and $300k but ended selling for $975,000 or $617k per carat. Even tough it is a round diamond, this price per carat is quite steep. I wonder if the buyer thinks it can be upgraded into a Fancy Intense Blue…
The 3.07 carat, Fancy Vivid Blue diamond with a VVS1 clarity, was offered between $3 million to $4 million. it ended up selling for $3,375,000 or $1.1 million per carat. This is a very low price for such a diamond, but the color must have been weak and closer to an Intense Blue. This was the top selling lot for Fancy Color Diamonds that day.
The 1.07 carat, Fancy Intense Blue diamond with a VVS2 clarity was valued between $200k to $400k and ended up selling for $471,000 or $440k per carat. a good value acquisition.
What will Christie’s bring us in 2020?
- Fancy Color Diamonds Lead Sotheby’s Hong Kong Magnificent Jewels And Jadeite Auction Results
- Magnificent Jewels Auctions In New York Successfully Seals 2020 Despite Virus Challenge
- Sotheby’s Magnificent Jewels In New York Is Set To Be The Best This Year For Fancy Color Diamonds
- Sotheby’s Will Try To Reignite The Love For Fancy Color Diamonds With A Unique Pair Of Hearts At The Upcoming Hong Kong Auction
- Sotheby’s Geneva Magnificent Jewels Was A Real Disaster! Or Was It Not?