On December 9, Phillips had its last Jewelry auction for the year, and ended up selling its only Fancy Color Diamond at the low end of the estimates.
The 3.02 carat, Fancy Intense Blue Diamond by Tiffany & Co. was valued between $1.5 million to $2.5 million or $497k to $828k per carat. It ended up selling for $1,640,000 or $543k per carat. This price level can only confirm that the color was weak and was near a strong Fancy Blue Intensity. If the color was strong, it would have sold near or higher than the high estimates.
We would like to take this opportunity to wish you a Happy Holiday Season and Happy New Year. We look forward to a fresh start in 2020.
- Christie’s New York Magnificent Jewels Auction Sells Majority Of Items
- Christie’s New York Magnificent Jewels Will Feature Another Unique And Rare Blue Diamond
- Sotheby’s Blows Sales Out Of The Water Despite Important Colorless Diamonds Not Selling
- Christie’s Successful First Auction for 2020 In Hong Kong With New Record
- Sotheby’s Will Try To Reignite The Love For Fancy Color Diamonds With A Unique Pair Of Hearts At The Upcoming Hong Kong Auction