On December 9, Phillips had its last Jewelry auction for the year, and ended up selling its only Fancy Color Diamond at the low end of the estimates.
The 3.02 carat, Fancy Intense Blue Diamond by Tiffany & Co. was valued between $1.5 million to $2.5 million or $497k to $828k per carat. It ended up selling for $1,640,000 or $543k per carat. This price level can only confirm that the color was weak and was near a strong Fancy Blue Intensity. If the color was strong, it would have sold near or higher than the high estimates.
We would like to take this opportunity to wish you a Happy Holiday Season and Happy New Year. We look forward to a fresh start in 2020.
- Christie’s New York Magnificent Jewels Auction In December Sells Blue Diamonds
- Phillips Auction in Hong Kong ends with mixed results
- Bonham’s New York Auction Results Holds Strong Price For A Rare Blue Diamond
- Christie’s Hong Kong Sales Down In 10 Years Despite Successful Sale Of Moussaieff Pink Diamond
- Sotheby’s Geneva Sales Hits Lowest Numbers Since 2009