Phillips Last Auction of The Year In New York Closes A Year For Blue Diamonds
On December 9, Phillips had its last Jewelry auction for the year, and ended up selling its only Fancy Color Diamond at the low end of the estimates.
The 3.02 carat, Fancy Intense Blue Diamond by Tiffany & Co. was valued between $1.5 million to $2.5 million or $497k to $828k per carat. It ended up selling for $1,640,000 or $543k per carat. This price level can only confirm that the color was weak and was near a strong Fancy Blue Intensity. If the color was strong, it would have sold near or higher than the high estimates.
We would like to take this opportunity to wish you a Happy Holiday Season and Happy New Year. We look forward to a fresh start in 2020.
- Magnificent Jewels Auctions In New York Successfully Seals 2020 Despite Virus Challenge
- Sotheby’s Magnificent Jewels In New York Is Set To Be The Best This Year For Fancy Color Diamonds
- Christie’s Hong Kong Magnificent Jewels Broke A Record Despite Coronavirus But Disappoints With Their Transparency Policy!
- Christie’s Hong Kong Magnificent Jewels To Showcase Rare Pink And Blue Diamonds
- Sotheby’s Magnificent Jewels In Hong Kong Yields Strong Results During Pandemic Despite Many Fancy Color Diamonds Not Selling