Phillips Will End Its First Half Of The Year With Its Own “Impressive” Pink Diamond
On June 7, 2019, following the Sotheby’s auction, Phillips will feature its own “Impressive” pink diamond, which also happens to be its top lot for the auction.
The 6.01 carat, Fancy Intense Orangy Pink Diamond with a VS2 clarity is accompanied by a special letter and report written by the famous Stephen Hofer, a pioneer in Fancy Color Diamonds, describing the unique color of the diamond. It is valued at between $1.2 million and $1.8 million or $200k to $300k per carat. The valuation range is appropriate considering that it has an orangy secondary color.
For its part, Phillips is making an effort in growing its Jewelry division which started last year when the auction house added Susan Abeles as the Head of Department, Americas and Senior International Specialist, and most recently added Graeme Thompson as its Worldwide Head of Jewels. Both have joined Phillips from Bonhams. Let’s see how Phillips grows its business in the next year or two.
- Phillips Sells “Impressive” Pink Diamond In New York Auction
- Sotheby’s Hong Kong Auction Yields Mixed Results
- Is Diamond Investing Well Worth The Risks Involved?
- Argyle Tender Is A Financial Vaccine, Becoming The Bitcoin Of Pink Diamonds As Covid-19 Continues On Its Global Rampage
- Magnificent Jewels Auctions In New York Successfully Seals 2020 Despite Virus Challenge