On June 7, 2019, following the Sotheby’s auction, Phillips will feature its own “Impressive” pink diamond, which also happens to be its top lot for the auction.
The 6.01 carat, Fancy Intense Orangy Pink Diamond with a VS2 clarity is accompanied by a special letter and report written by the famous Stephen Hofer, a pioneer in Fancy Color Diamonds, describing the unique color of the diamond. It is valued at between $1.2 million and $1.8 million or $200k to $300k per carat. The valuation range is appropriate considering that it has an orangy secondary color.
For its part, Phillips is making an effort in growing its Jewelry division which started last year when the auction house added Susan Abeles as the Head of Department, Americas and Senior International Specialist, and most recently added Graeme Thompson as its Worldwide Head of Jewels. Both have joined Phillips from Bonhams. Let’s see how Phillips grows its business in the next year or two.
- Phillips Sells “Impressive” Pink Diamond In New York Auction
- Sotheby’s Hong Kong Auction Yields Mixed Results
- Christie’s Ends Its Mid-Year Auction Season With A Huge Success In New York
- Christie’s Hong Kong Sales Down In 10 Years Despite Successful Sale Of Moussaieff Pink Diamond
- Phillips Hong Kong Jewels And Jadeite Auction Disappointing