On June 6, 2019, Sotheby’s will have its last important auction for the first half of 2019 in New York, and will feature what it calls “an impressive 6.51 carat, Fancy Light Purplish Pink Diamond”.
It seems that Sotheby’s is continuing on the trend of not showing very rare and important pieces of Fancy Color Diamonds. The 6.51 carat, Fancy Light Purplish Pink Diamond with an SI2 clarity, happens to also be its most expensive piece to be offered at that auction. It is valued at between $525k to $575k or $80.6k to $88.3k per carat.
We hope that Sotheby’s will be working hard during the summer months to secure significant pieces for its second half of 2019.
- Christie’s New York Magnificent Jewels Auction Sells Majority Of Items
- Christie’s New York Magnificent Jewels Will Feature Another Unique And Rare Blue Diamond
- Christie’s Geneva Auction Sells Exceptional Moussaieff Blue Diamond
- Sotheby’s Geneva Featured Record Low Sales But Several New World Records
- Fancy Color Diamonds Are Getting Harder For Auction Houses To Find